Book 2, Post 1

I chose to read The Wayfinders: Why Ancient Wisdom Matters in the Modern World by Wade Davis. I chose to read this book because I was interested after reading what it's all about. I think it's very interesting to learn about indigenous cultures and know more about their history. I got interested in learning more about indigenous cultures when I was 16 and we went on a family vacation to Maui. On the vacation, we did this island road trip called the Road to Hana. During this trip to Hana, we listened to a tour guide on an app who told us all about the indigenous people of Hawaii and how the Polynesians were the first to discover and explore Hawaii. I found it very interesting and important to know about the culture that was the first to discover a place I now love to visit so much. When I was in high school, I took a course called "Ancient Civilizations" and I found it fascinating as well. I learned all about civilizations from thousands of years ago and it was mind opening. I learned more about indigenous cultures in my anthropology class a few years ago and my archaeology class that I took last semester. I'm looking forward to reading The Wayfinders to learn more about new cultures that I know little to nothing about. I think history is very essential to know and knowing more about different cultures' histories and what came before you is very important.

I'm expecting The Wayfinders to be a compact collection of stories about different civilizations that have impacted society. I think I will really like this book and find it to be very interesting while I learn a lot. On Goodreads, someone named Nathan said, "All in all, The Wayfinders is a poetic, insightful and important read for anyone interested in ancient cultures, especially those who doubt the importance of preserving them. I highly recommend it." Another review that caught my eye was by someone named Katlyn and she wrote, "Easily the best book I've read in awhile, if not ever. I picked it up with no expectations and minimal interest and was immediately sucked into his story telling. He takes you on a journey through science, history, human genius, our natural relationship with the earth, the mistakes we've made and the conquences we are facing now and going forward." Based off the 4.24 overall rating on Goodreads, I have high expectations for this book and I am looking forward to reading it.

Comments